Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for, and by, information security professionals. The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. BSides creates opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next big thing are happening.
- We lower the barriers for people to participate.
- We involve people in organizing the events, to help them participate, involve a diversity of input, and teach a new generation of organizers.
- We build and use tools that enable greater participation, share ideas, and enable others to share the magic we collectively create. We share our work openly.
- We help grow the community, because a stronger group helps everyone involved.
- There are no bystanders.
- We all participate in different ways, including: audience, speakers, organizers, sponsors, volunteers.
- We encourage everyone to share their skills, expertise, and talent.
- We make decisions that strengthen the brand for everyone, not just ourselves.
- We remember that we are not owners of the brand, or the event, but simply caretakers that carry the torch for a period of time, until we - pass it to others.
- We treat others with grace and respect at all times.
- Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.